The Bookgasm used to be a busy blog with at least 3 posts coming up every week (..uh. that’s my personal definition of “busy” so don’t burst my bubble LOL). There was a decline on activities since the last month. It’s been two weeks since a post came up on my blog which is a very unusual thing. I thought of making that “brief interlude” an official hiatus hence, this post.
REASONS FOR THE HIATUS
- Did you know I get up at 4 in the morning to go to work? I live just about 14 kilometers away from our office but the traffic en route goes on for eternity. Half true. Manila roads are that terrible. I can’t afford to be “just on time” and even more, to be late especially since I work in a Japanese company. We all know how crazy they are about promptness. This means I have to hit the bed at 9 and put off all extracurricular activities. Alas, blogging is included.
- I am currently suffering from a reading slump. Last March, I finished only 5 books. Maybe less. This April, I haven’t gone to my second yet and already, the month is halfway through! This is partly because TV shows (and traffic) are eating up most of my free time. With the conclusion of winter (in the west) came the excitement level of my favorite series escalating. I couldn’t help but glue myself on them. I doubt if I could recover from this slump now that spring has sprung (again, in the west!) and new shows are already on air. Ugh, who says no to Jon Snow?!
- It’s summer now from where I hail. I absolutely hate summer in the Philippines because believe me, it’s not all about vacations and bikinis and cold Kool-aid glasses, but it’s the opposite. So incredibly uncomfortable! Just merely sitting around would make you sweat buckets. No kidding! Anyway, because the summer season’s up, this translates to hitting the beach again. I usually blog on weekends but since the sun blazes us with its high and might power, the beach (or any refreshing body of water) is the place to be. That’s our own version of hibernation.
- I didn’t realize April will be this busy! Aside from life engagements, I partook into several “affiliations” in the book blogosphere as well that I have so much on my plate right now. I am a part of a book club (Fanboy Book Club), I joined a blog tour (Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lygia Day Penaflor), and I am to beta read a fantastic YA fantasy novel, Dreamweaver. I have no regrets in joining any of these. It’s just that time isn’t on my side right now. I hate to not keep up with my commitments with these people so I have to drop blogging first and prioritize them instead.
- (I think) I will have more time to blog hop. Don’t feel crept out if I comment back on your post dated eons ago. There’s going to be loads of stalking while my blog is on rest!
- (Looks like) I will be more active on Twitter. It’s been a while since I participated on a twitter chat so I think I might be on some of those often. Speaking of which, I’m hosting a chat for the Fanboy Book Club about The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater at the end of this month. There’ll be new friends to meet, new ideas to share, and a giveaway *wink*. I hope you can join #shamelessplugging
- As abovementioned, I am a part of a blog tour. I will be posting a review of Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lygia Day Penaflor this weekend. There might be random posts popping in on this blog as well on the coming days which are dependent on the weight of my schedule (…and if the Top 10 Tuesday topic is interesting). So technically, I (might) not be completely absent from my blog.
Anyway, ciao for now!