I was just talking to a fellow blogger, Giselle @ Hardworking Boulevard, the other day about fighting the urge to buy more books. But when your bookshelves call for a refill, I rush to let it wallow on its wish. Somebody seriously needs an intervention.
Yesterday, my sister and I braved the sweeping crowd at the Mall of Asia for the 36th Manila International Book Fair. I just made the bookstores there slightly richer and me, officially broke.
Here are the books we got. All these we had at a freaking 20% discount. People at the Fully Booked aisle devoured over the books like hungry zombies, me included. Good thing, the staff had Rick Grimes in their souls they could calm those “walkers” in one shot. They were very organized. Such nice people.
These are the titles we got.
Young Adult Genre (I would have bought the entire series but some fast eagle got those first):
1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
2. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Vivien Siobhan
3. Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Vivien Siobhan
4. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
6. Winger by Andrew Smith
7. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Love Story by Erich Segal
2. Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell
3. The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
4. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
5. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
6. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
7. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
Self-help Book (Why are Japanese incredibly good with covers?!)
I’m in a kick for something fantasy but I don’t know which among these I should start. What do you think?
I bled cash yesterday and so I have to live a pauper’s life in the coming days. No regrets!